Subject: Re: Lightwave Mailing List: Forensic Animation
From: Andrew Hofman <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 1995 17:55:47 -0500

>>Hello Ed...
>
>>Doubtfull that you'll find one.  It's a dead topic...
>
>
>I don't quite know what you mean when you say "dead topic".  Forensic
>animation is now more commonplace in the courts than ever before. For
>those of us who are fortunate enough to have the skill to meet the needs and
>requirements for producing them, work will be plentiful.  If there are no good
>books on the topic, then there should be.  How about it MT or AC.. ???
>
> _ __                         __
>' )  )     /         _/_     /  )     /
> /--' ____/____  __  /      /    ____/_  _  __   Lightwave Animator
>/  \_(_) /_) (<_/ (_(__    (__/ (_) / /_(<_/) )  [email-masked]
>

Robert, I think it was meant as a lame joke (no offense). In medicine,
"forensics" refers to autopsies,  criminology, and in general the
reconstruction of events based on medical evidence. In the legal profession,
its meaning is more broad but again encompasses piecing things together
after the fact (sometimes literally). 

While we're on the subject, has anyone noticed something that turns up a lot
on cop shows and crime-type movies in general? During morgue scenes, the
medical examiner is usually eating deli food; maybe a Reuben on rye with
extra messy cole slaw, or a big ol' sub. He'll put down his dripping
sandwich just long enough to pull the sheet down, then go back to eating and
talking with his mouth full. I've seen this an awful lot on otherwise
straight-faced cop shows. It must be some inside Hollywood stereotype or
something. And why deli food? What's going on there?

   ************************************************
   * Andy Hofman       |    LumaQuest Productions *            
   * [email-masked]  |             3D Animation *
   * 513-643-7333      |  Dual Raptor 3 Rendering *
   ************************************************